Declaration of Commitment to Safe Schools
As a district we are committed to creating a safe environment in our schools and recognize the following responsibilities to achieve this goal:
- agree not to bring any materials to school or any school event that will be harmful to themselves or others.
- will seek adult assistance when an unsafe situation arises.
- will not support or encourage other students in creating unsafe situations.
- will teach their children about harmful materials and keep harmful materials away from children.
- will support the school’s policies and work with the school in developing programs to ensure a safe environment.
- will teach children to settle arguments without resorting to violence, to encourage them to use conflict resolution skills when necessary and to follow guidelines for maintaining a safe environment.
- will ensure that students have anonymous ways to report to an adult any unsafe situations.
- will promote conflict resolution instruction for all students as part of the curriculum. We will communicate district policies on violence to all participants in the school community.
- will use the school’s student leadership groups and student meetings to obtain ideas to develop a safe environment.
- will report all serious violations to law enforcement officials according to established procedures.
- will model safe behavior